Prospective students for both the SFSS Studio Program and the SFSS Photography Seminar can submit the following materials via mail or email. Contact us if you have questions about SFSS programs or the admissions process.
- Application - Downloadable PDF
- A resume or CV
- A concise one-page statement of intent regarding your interest in study at the school including brief background information.
- Examples of work, which may take the form of 15 to 20 35mm slides, CD-ROM containing image files no larger than 300KB each, or website. If you would like the materials returned, please include a suitable return envelope with sufficient return postage.
- Two letters of recommendation from references relevant to the area of study, whether a teacher, artist or employer.
- A non-refundable application fee of $60, which may be sent by regular mail or at your request we will send you a PayPal statement.
If mailing materials, please send to:
San Francisco Studio School
300 Broadway, Suite 28
San Francisco, CA 94133
If emailing materials, please send to:
“Your program is an integral part of my
development as a painter. I am grateful
for having found truly dedicated teachers
who take such a genuine interest in their
students' work as well as in their own work.”